Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hell House


There is an old college in MD that is no longer in use and is now just a pile of rubble. It is the old St. Marys College in Ellicott City, MD I am sure that you have all heard about the tales of Hell house and I bet some of you have even taken a trip down there to check it out for yourselves. If you have not it would be worth a trip just for the thrill of it and see what you can get out off it. It sits on top of a hill and you will have to climb a large set up steps to get to it. Not only is there Hell House in this area, there is also a burned down abandoned paper factory, Illchester train tunnel and a number of abandoned houses along one of the streets. When I first found it the factory was active and the houses were not abandoned. With in a few short years they were empty and the factory had burned down.

There are alot of stories that are associated with Hell House. The students were all murdered and buried in the tunnels underneath the school. There are records of murders on the site but thats about all you can find out about it. Everything else is stories told by the visitors.

My first trip up there was a few years ago after reading a bunch of stuff about it and finally pinpointing the location of the stairs by accident. I made the trip down there on saturday afternoon with Beth to see what it was all about. I have heard about the tunnels and the pool full of blood and all the horrible things that have happend to people while there were there. People seeing ghost, demons and other strange things. Screams coming from the woods and from the buildings. We got to the top of the steps and then there is a trail that leads to a set of new steps. This will lead you to the so called road that goes around the grounds. We made it up to what use to be the main building but now is just a pile of bricks. I was really disappointed that it had been torn down but I guess for safety reasons it had to be. We took a walk around the grounds to see what we could find and there is just a bunch of stairs and little buildings and walkways all around. we didnt really stay long. I took a bunch of pictures and when I got home to look at them I found one that was very interesting. Take a look and tell me what you think. I took it as we were leaving and if you look at the circle it looks like a face in the bushes. I was planning on another trip up there to get a better look at the pool and the Burned cross. I will update this one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment