Friday, September 18, 2009

First expeirence: Patapsco Female Institute



Like I said in my first post, the first experience was with the Patapsco Female Institute in Ellicott City, MD. My sister and her friends took me and my buddy Josh to a haunted hay ride somewhere in the area. When it was over one of her friends said that we should go to this abandoned insane asylum that they knew about. Everyone was up for it and excited to go. On the way there the guy was telling us all the stories that he had heard over the years. Most of the stories were about the torture of the patients and how some of them either died form the torture or committed suicide. He was saying how you can still hear the cries of the patients and sometimes see the ghost of them. After hearing all this stuff I was getting kind of freaked out and was thinking that it was not a good idea to go but I didnt want to seem like a pussy. We made a hard right turn off of Main St and started to go up a huge hill. As soon as we made the last curve there it was on top of the hill. It was a huge white building with big pillars in front. It was all dark except for the one light that was coming from the right of the building. We parked and walked up the hill to get a closer look. When we reached the top all you saw was a shell of the building. No windows, no doors and graffiti all over. There was an 8 foot fence that was around the building and some of the grounds. We stood outside the fence and just looked at the skeleton of the building. Me and josh were really freaked out since it was the first time we had seen anything like this. There was a hole in the fence that you could go thru and one of my sisters friends wanted to go in. No one else did so we just left. I didnt visit there again until a few years later when I was taking photography in school. This time I was with a few friends and we actually went thru the fence and up to the building. It was an amazing structure and just the shell was left. We took a look around and it really was just a shell. No floors, no doors and no windows. the front steps went up to the front of the building and then nothing. I took a few photos and got out. I went there alot over the next few years but the one time that stood out was when we went up there at midnight and as we were leaving we heard a loud scream coming from the woods. Scared the shit out of me.

Now the place has been restored and you can take tours. I know the true story about it and what it really was but it was still scary when it was unrestored.

All the photos that I have are on film but i did find one that I can use just so that you can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment