Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dwelling near Falls Rd and Butler Rd


While driving around on day at work I noticed this structure and just had to check it out and see what it was all about. I parked down the street and took a hike to get a closer look. Now the legend in the area is that a stone mason bought a bunch of land in the area and just started to build houses to sell. Well he ran out of money and now there are a bunch of old stone foundations that just sit there. Some have been renovated but some have not. I am not sure what this one was used for but it is very interesting inside.

As I walked up to get a closer look, it seemed to be some kind of residence with a driveway and open garage with a balcony over top. I did not go directly to the house yet as I saw what looked like an Iron door in the side of a hill off to the side. I took a look and it was either a cold storage or some kind of storage. I t was really cold inside and there were a bunch of pipes and junk all over the place. Now that I think about it it may have just been a spring house at one point.








I decided to look around the house and see what was inside. As I approached, I got a strange feeling like that I cant explain. I took a look at the inside and was very surprised as to what I saw. The entire inside of the building was tile. The floors, ceilings and the walls. It was very strange. I also noticed that there was alot of asbestos dripping from the ceilings.
After looking around this place I just left since there was nothing really happening there. I didnt do any research on it but I am guessing that it was either a home or business at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment